About This Book
Blake's Spelling Guide will provide you with the tools you need to be a successful speller. It will help you gain knowledge about the use of the alphabet and to develop concepts about manipulating words to fit their content.
It contains information about how to:
- Sections on each key element for developing good spelling skills.
- Lots of examples for each new concept.
- Plenty of opportunities to practise using the "TRY THIS" tests.
- A glossary with concise definitions for all major terms (includes examples).
- Twelve very useful word lists covering everything from Homonyms and Antonyms to frequently misspelt words and Latin and Greek roots.
The 12 Word Lists for quick reference covers:
- Frequently misspelt words
- Latin and Greek roots
- Compound words
- High-frequency words
The guide also includes Curriculum Correlation tables that link the content to the new Australian Curriculum and is an ideal resource for all primary students. Answers for the TRY THIS activities are also provided.
Author: Del Merrick
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Year 3
- Year 4
- Year 5
- Year 6
- Publication Edition Date:
- 250 mm (h) x 180 mm (w)
- Blake's Guides
- Del Merrick
- Reference Books