About This Book
Connections Maths 8 is the second of two dynamic textbooks and CD-ROM packages that give complete coverage of the new Mathematics Stage 4 syllabus for New South Wales.
- outcomes at the start of every chapter
- a dynamic full colour design that clearly distinguishes theory, examples, exercises, and features
- carefully graded exercises with worked examples and solutions linked to each
- cartoons offering helpful hints
- working mathematically strands that are fully integrated. These also feature regularly in challenging sections designed as extension material which also contain interesting historical and real life context
- a chapter review to revise and consolidate learning in each chapter
- speed skills sections to revise and provide mental arithmetic skills
- problem solving application strategies with communication and reasoning through an inquiry approach
- a comprehensive Diagnostic test providing a cumulative review of learning in all chapters, cross referenced to each exercise
- integrated technology activities
- literacy skills develop language skills relevant to each chapter
- fully linked icons to accompanying CD-ROM.
- the student CD-ROM accompanying this textbook can be used at school or at home for further explanation and learning.
Each CD-ROM contains:
- animated worked examples
- movies related to selected topics offering explanation for visual learners. These feature bright, energetic, young presenters in appealing locations
- technology files featuring formatted spreadsheets and geometry demonstrations
- the entire textbook, with hyperlinks to the above features.
Author: Greg Murty
Author: Lorraine Mottershead
Author: Ted Duffy
- Year 8
- Publication Edition Date:
- 250 mm (h) x 190 mm (w)
- SUB BRAND:
- Connections Maths
- Greg Murty
- Lorraine Mottershead
- Student Books
- Ted Duffy