About This Book
Excel Comprehension and Written Expression Year 7 is essential for any student wishing to improve their comprehension skills. It allows students to practice skills such as finding facts, making references, isolating relevant information, understanding questions and paragraphs, and using tables of contents, indexes, maps and graphs to find information. The extracts are from a wide variety of genres to allow students to gain confidence in reading different materials.
On several occasions extracts are reused. This is done to demonstrate that different comprehension skills can be developed from he same piece of writing. Comprehension skills are interdependent. As the student's ability to comprehend increases he/she will also be expected to interpret data. This includes the interpretation of information found in charts, in tables and on maps.
In this book your child will find:
- over 60 graded units of stimulating exercises and extracts
- awide variety of questions including true or false, multiple choice, short answer and sentence completion
- extracts from many different literary and factual text types
- a lift-out answer section
- Year 7
- Publication Edition Date:
- 280 mm (h) x 200 mm (w)
- Alan Horsfield
- SUB SUBJECT:
- English Comprehension
- SUB BRAND:
- Excel Basic Skills