About This Book
The Targeting Handwriting Years P–3 Teacher Resource Book helps teachers support students in developing the Queensland Beginner’s Alphabet and transitioning into Queensland Modern Cursive. Features include:
- Information on the mechanics of writing – posture, pencil grip and paper position.
- Ideas for pre-writing warm-ups.
- Teaching notes for each year.
- Handwriting skills checklists for each year.
- Pattern props and stories for demonstrating handwriting movement patterns.
- A detailed 8-week Fine Motor Skills Program for use with Prep.
- Specific teaching notes on all the different joins.
- 78 fun worksheets – these include tracking, tracing and independent writing activities and incorporate practice of numerals, number words and punctuation.
- PLUS a bonus unit on keyboard and computer skills – includes keyboard and posture diagrams, easy-to-use teaching notes, and task cards.
Author: Jane Pinsker
Author: Susan Young
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Year 3
- Publication Edition Date:
- 300 mm (h) x 210 mm (w)
- Jane Pinsker
- Stephen Michael King
- Susan Young
- SUB BRAND:
- Targeting Handwriting
- Teaching Guides & Resources